Yikes, can you believe we’re well into March already? Soon we’ll be winding our clocks back an hour and have no outside play time after work (dread the thought)! On a brighter note, welcome to the first edition of Dify Social eNews.
eNews is shared with you – our business customer, collaborative partner, referral and networking friend – to give an update on what’s happening or upcoming in the ‘glocal’ world of Dify Social.
If you have any questions or feedback, please hit reply to this email, ‘dm’ me on social, or give a call on 1300 DO SOCIAL.
Yours socially, Steve
Steve Hubbard, MMktg CPM
Social Media Marketer, Dify Social
📞 1300 DO SOCIAL (1300 36 7624)
SOCIAL MEDIA STATS
As per Dify Social’s Guide to social media marketing infographic (Free download), Feb 2018 statistics for the key social media channels used by our clients – via Social Media News.
Social Media users in Australia are some of the most prolific in the world, with a total of around 60% of the country’s population an active user on Facebook, and 50% of the country logging in at least once a day.
Facebook – 15,000,000 users (steady)
YouTube – 15,000,000 UAVs (up)
Instagram – 9,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (Facebook/ Instagram data)
WordPress.com – 5,400,000
LinkedIn – 4,200,000
Twitter – 3,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users approx
Google Plus – 55,000 monthly active Australian users approx – does your business have a Google Place? are you seeking reviews?
GREAT NEWS! Facebook Decides You Don’t Need Two News Feeds.
Facebook had been testing and it had been expected that they would introduce a new “Explore feed” for Facebook pages and groups – with Facebook ads to continue to appear in the “Friends and Family feed.”
Hence we were (and still are!) continuing to recommend to our DIFY Social business customers that they consider $5/day campaigns to promote services to their target audiences in order to maintain competitive advantages over rivals and attract new business.
READ Gizmodo Australia: [article]
A Long List of Facebook Statistics That Matter to Social Marketers
#1. Facebook has more users than any other social network – 2.07 billion monthly active users, to be exact. That’s more than a third of the entire population of the world
That number may seem overwhelming, but with a solid understanding of exactly who those users are—and how they use the network—you can develop a strategy to find and engage your most important customers…
READ Hootsuite [blog]
Beach Volleyball for Good!
The 2018 Seconds to Give – Fancy Dress 4’s on Sunday 18th March at Port Melbourne beach is an event where you can dress up and play beach volleyball at the same time (how good’s that!).
Gather a team (four people) and register online ASAP!
All proceeds go to Seconds to Give, a charity that helps the impoverished villages in the Philippines. See more info at: http://www.secondstogive.org/
Spread the word… share the love!
Read more: [Dify blog]
WELCOME NEW BUSINESS PROJECTS
Future Tech Windows & Doors
Are you sick of paying too much for heating and cooling costs? Most homes have at least one room which is coldest during winter and hottest during summer. Sound familiar?
Tired of the noise from the main road, train station, airport, factory – or the room across the hallway?
These are the problems Future Tech Windows and Doors fix for happy customers every day…
Read more: [Dify blog]
Visual Production Agency
Daniel Calleja‘s Visual Production Agency provides videos that Engage, Intrigue and Entertain. Including videos for:
– Corporate promotion, advertising, and sales
– Online staff inductions, training and education
– Government publicity, education, and promotion
– Special events
– Educational Institutions
– TV Ads and broadcasting
See more: [Dify blog]
NETWORK EVENTS Upcoming…
– BNI Yarra (Carlton), meet Wednesday mornings from 7am – 8.30am in the George Harris Room at Carlton Football Club (Ikon Park), 200-590 Royal Parade. Visitors welcome! See website or Facebook for details. Steve’s presenting this Wednesday the 14 Feb!
– Melbourne Professional & Commercial Networking Group, meet “to do business” at 12:30 pm for 1:00pm – 3:00 pm on the second Wednesday of the month at The Railway Club Hotel, Raglan St (Off Bay St.) Port Melbourne. Contact group convener Ian Dear by mobile: 0412 822 000 or email email@example.com.
– The Business Marketplace, “business owners who meet-buy-sell-connect with each other, face to face and online” on third Wednesday of the month at the Crest On Barkly, 47 Barkly Street, St Kilda. See website or Facebook for details.
– Footscray Traders “Beer O’Clock”, local traders networking get-together held on the last Thursday of the month at a Footscray Trader venue. See Facebook page events for details.
– Club 3004, Inner Melbourne’s premier business network – with Craig Reardon and business operators in and around St.Kilda Rd and the Port Phillip area. See website for upcoming dates and details.
– dm Forum, direct marketing industry quarterly forum. A great opportunity to catch up with marketing industry fellows – see website for details.
– Australian Marketing Institute upcoming training & events – see website for details.
Copyright © 2018 Dify Social™, All rights reserved.