Brrr! Winter’s certainly arrived in Melbourne as we near the end of financial year. Hopefully Autumn and the 17 FY was a prosperous one for you and your business!
Welcome to the Winter 2018 edition of Dify eNews – news aimed for you: our business customer, collaborative partner, referral & networking friends, with an update on what’s happening or upcoming in Dify Social’s ‘glocal’ world.
If you have any questions or feedback, please hit reply to this email, ‘dm’ me on social, or give a call.
Yours socially, Steve
Steve Hubbard, MMktg CPM
Social Media Marketer, Dify Social
📞 1300 DO SOCIAL (1300 36 7624)
P.S. Dify Social partner with Buy1Give1 and significant others to make a positive impact on lives locally, nationally and around the world through our everyday business activities. See our giving impacts to date » here.
SOCIAL MEDIA STATS
As per Dify Social’s Guide to social media marketing infographic (Free download) used by our clients, May 2018 statistics via Social Media News for key social media channels are below.
Social Media users in Australia are some of the most active in the world, with a total of around 60% of the country’s population an active user on Facebook, and 50% of the country logging onto Facebook at least once a day.
Video is also a very popular medium with around 15 million Australian visitors to the YouTube website every month – is you’re business YouTube channel linked to your Google my Business account?
Facebook – 15,000,000 users
YouTube – 15,000,000 Unique Australian Visitors per month
Instagram – 9,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (Facebook/ Instagram data)
WordPress.com – 5,600,000 (up)
LinkedIn – 4,400,000 (up)
Twitter – 4,500,000 Monthly Active Australian Users approx (up)
Google Plus – 55,000 monthly active Australian users approx – does your business have a Google Place? are you actively seeking reviews?
To discuss the best social channels (and why) for you and your business, call us on 1300 DO SOCIAL.
“Insta” Marketing with Hootsuite
Dify Social uses the third-party social media management platform Hootsuite, which at the start of the year added the photo-focused social media channel Instagram.
This has meant that we are now able to offer our new & existing business customers with a weekly ‘habit’ of scheduled posts – in addition to promoted Instagram posts through Facebook advertising.
For the latest Instagram marketing tips, guides, and strategy, visit the Hootsuite blog.
CPM Spotlight: Steve Hubbard
It was an unexpected privilege to be featured in the Australian Marketing Institute, Marketing Update in April 2018.
CPM stands for Certified Practicing Marketer – the Australian Marketing Institute Certified Practising Marketer (CPM) membership is the peak professional designation for Marketing in Australia.
To maintain CPM designation status, requires a minimum of 100 hours of professional development over a three-year period (or 33 hours per year).
DIFY FIX – Traders Deal
A SPECIAL OFFER for cafes, restaurants and local traders inspired by The Mentor‘s Mark Bouris and Steven Hubbard‘s active role on the Footscray Traders Association. READ [Blog] post.
Any cafes, restaurants and local traders wanting Dify Social to set-up & revise their social media marketing channels & Facebook ads manager, we will come in and spend 3 hours with you and only charge you for 2! That’s just $374 inclusive of GST.
To claim this Dify Social Traders Deal contact us via the website, email email@example.com or call 1300 DO SOCIAL and ask for the “DIFY FIX”!
NEW & FEATURE PROJECTS
Football Nation Radio (FNR) – is your voice of football in Australia. As the first and only radio station that prioritises football every hour every day. FNR brings you football news, entertainment, feature interviews and player, coach and club education.
Be part of a football revolution, Be part of FNR by visiting the website http://www.footballnationradio.com and download the App from Apple Store or Google Play.
Wyndham Physio & Rehabilitation – is a multidisciplinary Rehabilitation Clinic in Werribee that has been servicing the Wyndham area for over 30 years.
To speak with their friendly staff and ask for further information, call (03) 9741 8268 or visit the website to make an online booking: https://wyndhamrehab.com.au/
Chilli Realty – is a boutique, professional real estate agency with real focus and passion!
With big market reach across all suburbs in Melbourne, they are passionate about property and love delivering clients their signature “Red Hot Service” and “Red Hot Results”.
Contact Peter and the team on 03 9482 7440 or 0402 335 005, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.chillirealty.com.au/ to experience the Chilli Realty difference.
NETWORK EVENTS Upcoming…
– BNI Yarra (Carlton), meet Wednesday mornings from 7am – 8.30am in the George Harris Room at Carlton Football Club (Ikon Park), 200-590 Royal Parade. Visitors are most welcome! See website or Facebook page for details.
– Melbourne Professional & Commercial Networking Group, meet “to do business” at 12:30 pm for 1:00pm – 3:00 pm on the second Wednesday of the month at The Railway Club Hotel, Raglan St (Off Bay St.) Port Melbourne. Contact group convener Ian Dear by mobile: 0412 822 000 or email email@example.com.
– The Business Marketplace, “business owners who meet-buy-sell-connect with each other, face to face and online” on third Wednesday of the month at the Crest On Barkly, 47 Barkly Street, St Kilda. See website or Facebook page for details.
– Footscray Traders “Beer O’Clock”, local traders networking get-together held on the last Thursday of the month at a Footscray Trader venue. See Facebook page events for details, including Collins & Co’s Western Region Business Club.
– West Is Best Business Improvement Group is collective who meet regularly in Melbourne’s Inner West. Refer the Facebook page for details of regular events where business people can connect.
– Wyndham Biznet, not for profit networking organisation in the City of Wyndham aimed at bringing local people and businesses together in a fun, friendly and relaxing social environment. Membership is not compulsory however there are additional benefits in joining at minimal cost. See website for details.
– Club 3004, Inner Melbourne’s premier business network – with Craig Reardon and business operators in and around St.Kilda Rd and the Port Phillip area. See website for upcoming dates and details.
– dm Forum, direct marketing industry quarterly forum. A great opportunity to catch up with marketing industry fellows – see website for details.
– Australian Marketing Institute upcoming training & events – see website for details.
Copyright © 2018 Dify Social™, All rights reserved.